The Growing Excrescence may look like a terrifying teratoma, and that realization will only grow on you over time!
This coagulated glob of skin, braided hair and more has the tumorlike power to enlarge itself several times over, crushing obstacles in its path as it bounds around. It tends to guard areas Beli Ya’al wants protected, including areas around the Migdal Bavel tower as well as the Ilan Tree.
The Growing Excrescence is largely based on the גדל shoresh root, dealing with growth and magnification. Fight it yourself in Milhamah RPG, or eventually in the Milhamah video game!
Milhamah RPG stats
Rarity: Silver or Onyx
Liability Points: (4DN * 2) or 24
Merit Points: 2
Law Points: 0
Stats: DOM 4D, VIG 3D, GRA 1D, CRE 1D, WIS 1D, PEA 3D, BLE 1D
Domain Tags: Growth, Disease
Habitat: Migdal Bavel, Ilan Tree, Bavel strongholds
Personality: Bounds aimlessly, either by itself or in small clusters. (For number, may roll 3DN, pick lowest number. Wild = 1)
- Braided Hair (גדל): Qal stance, Whiplike hair lashes at the target.
- To Hit: DOM at close range.
- Damage: Success Margin +0D bashing or slashing damage. (User’s pick)
- Eminent Expansion (גדל): Qal stance, Grows in size by three to seven times. Becomes heavier, stronger and more durable.
- The Norm: On average, this speech act has a cost of 1 MP, takes one item with relevant semantic domains to prepare, takes 30 seconds to do and covers the user’s self. It lasts 3 minutes.
- Noncombat To Hit: Roll VIG for expert (4S) base difficulty.
- If success: Increase Size by 1 rank, +1D VIG, +1D DOM, +1 Armor
- On natural success: Increase Size by 2 ranks, +3D VIG, +3D DOM, +2 Armor
- If failure: Nothing happens, or the user grows a tiny bit and then shrinks back to normal. On botch, the user may shrink: Decrease Size by 1 rank, -1D VIG, -1D DOM, -1 Armor (if user has Armor)